Use http://Klout.com to identify “influencers;” engage with 50 of them; and raise your Klout score by 20 points.
Klout uses “influential about” to determine the topic areas where you are considered most influential. For example, my twitter account @jfloyd is considered to be most influential about the following topics:
- Social Media
1. Identify 50 people that you believe are influential about topics that you want to be influential about (i.e. “Sales” “Sales Coaching” etc. using http://wefollow.com)
Here is a report of “Sales”
Then run over to Klout and check the scores:
2. Increase “engagement” with these people over the next 30 days.
- If you register on Klout, you can click the beside topics and it will notify them that you have given them Klout+
- Retweet them
- Respond to their questions
- Ask them to retweet you
3. Raise your following by 100 people and Klout score by 20 points in the next 30 days.
That’s the task, let me know how you do!
This article originally ran on Posterous.