Thanks to the efforts of Mark Schaefer and Social Media Club Knox, Social Slam started in 2013 with the goal of bringing world-renowned social media speakers to Knoxville. This year the event will be held on April 5, with Social Slam Plus workshops being held on April 4.
I am honored to be teaching a workshop called Social Media from Scratch on April 4, and I will also be moderating a panel on the New Realities of SEO on April 5.
However, the real talent and a few of my favorite online friends are coming from all of the world to East Tennessee:
- Amy Howell (Memphis, TN) – Amy has attended Social Slam since the first conference in 2010. She is a wonderful friend and generous expert through twitter and her blog. This year Amy will be the emcee, which is going to be wonderful.
- Jeff Bullas (Australia) – Jeff is responsible for creating some of the best content about all aspects of social media marketing. I regularly read his blog and appreciate his insights. He is making the long trek to deliver the keynote, Social Content – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Gabrielle Laine-Peters (England) – Gabrielle will be making the trek from London to sit on a Beyond social media — the social organization, and I have the good fortune of teaching the Social Slam Plus class with her!
- John Jantsch (Kansas City, MO) – Author of Duct Tape Marketing, The Referral Engine and now The Commitment Engine, John has been a longtime favorite of mine. It is going to be a pleasure to see his keynote The Future of Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement.
- But wait there’s more… check out the full line up of talent.
There are two tiers of ticket prices this year.
At $89, Mark Schaefer is calling it The Best Marketing Value in the World:
- All-day access to Social Slam
- John Jantsch’s book, The Commitment Engine
- Promotional swag from Social Slam and our sponsors
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Entrance to the official Social Slam After Party
$189 if you go the VIP route:
- Everything listed above
- Entrance to an exclusive VIP pre-party Thursday night, where many of the speakers will be in attendance
- Drink tickets for the VIP pre-party
- Reserved seating at Social Slam
- Access to the VIP lunch line
- Exclusive Social Slam swag
Don’t tell anyone, but if you are a student or a member of the Knoxville Chamber, I may have a discount code for you. 🙂 Ping me, and I will let you know.
I hope to see everyone at Social Slam!