A few weeks ago, I posted about the Search Engine Optimization panel discussion that I moderated at Social Slam. As promised, Eric, Rosemary, Sean and I are having a follow-up search engine optimization Google Hangout on April 22 at 4:00 EDT.
What: Search Engine Optimization Google Hangout
When: April 22, 4:00 EDT
Use the #SEOslam hashtag.
Feel free to leave a comment below or post a tweet with the #SEOslam hashtag if you have any particular topic that you would like for us to cover. Here are a few of the topics that we are planning to discuss:
- All of the world’s content doubled between 1998 and 2003. I’ve heard it said that now the amount of “data” is doubling every 72 hours. This is an age old question, but how do you create compelling content in a content saturated world?
- Because of the importance of content, do all niches lend themselves to the content market? How do you create good content in a contentless niche? Can that content remain related to the niche?
- Does Bing matter?
- Can we stop saying SEO already? Aren’t we talking about content marketing?
- The importance of Brand (Google seems to favor big brands, big business), is this fair? Does local search account for this? Can it?
From our audience at SOSLAM
- Let’s talk Facebook Graph.
- where does backlink/guest blog strategy fit in with all of this?
- Does using dashes or pipes in title tags make a difference in SERPs?
- How for ecommerce? RT @laceywash:“@alysdrake: Every page of your site should be focused on a single keyword. #SEOslam#soslam”
- If Google Alerts dies, what do we do?
Again, we would love to field any questions that you have, so feel free to tweet or comment questions! Hope you enjoy the Search Engine Optimization Google Hangout.